Monday, August 1, 2011

My recorder is the cutest recorder

The standard windshield that came with my Zoom H4n just wasn't cutting the mustard anymore, so I picked up one of Rode's dead kittens for it.

I've found the Zoom to be particularly sensitive to wind noise, since the condensers have very little in the way of protection and somehow manage to be perfectly angled to catch the maximum blast of air whichever way it's moving.  The foam shield that came with it would cut down on most handling noise, but the slightest breeze would defeat it.  I haven't tested this muff in particularly strenuous conditions yet, but so far the prognosis is good - it handles an average day's breeze effortlessly, and I'm convinced it lets more sound through than the foam shield did.

And makes it adorable, besides:

No comments:

Post a Comment